Homemade almond milk is one of the alternatives we have to make those same recipes that use animal milk. They also provide a source of energy, incorporating nutrients into our body rich in vitamins, proteins and minerals.
It is also very useful for those people who are lactose intolerant, are celiac or as an alternative to vegan diets that cannot consume lactose milks and should be replaced with different vegetable milks.
Among the different benefits that almond milk provides:
- It does not contain lactose, which is a very good alternative for those people who are lactose intolerant or have intestinal problems, hindering the correct absorption of milk of animal origin causing different symptoms or discomforts such as swelling, inflammation, pain, etc.
- Low in calories and fats,being one of the options to incorporate in different types of diets in general and diets to lose weight.
- Rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- High fiber content that helps regulate intestinal transit improving the digestion process relieving constipation problems.
- It acts as an antioxidant by delaying cell aging.
- It provides essential fatty acids that increase good cholesterol levels and reduce bad cholesterol. It also controls triglyceride levels that improve and protect the cardiovascular system.
Among the adverse effects or contraindications we have:
- People who are allergic to the ingredients in this recipe should avoid eating almond milk.
- The intake or use of almond milk decreases and inhibits the correct absorption of iodine, so it may not be recommended and contraindicated for people with problems and alterations in the thyroid glands. If in doubt, consult your GP.
- Although the contributions and benefits of consuming different types of milks of plant origin are similar to milk of animal origin, total replacement in infants is not recommended. Since vegetable milks lack some essential nutrients that could cause malnutrition or developmental complications. If in doubt, consult your pediatrician.
To ensure that the almond milk we consume is free of preservatives and additives, it is always advisable to do it ourselves.
So I leave this recipe for you to start making your own almond milk for daily consumption or to prepare the vegan recipes that you like best.
This recipe is very simple, simple to make, and does not type any kind of difficulty.
You can also make vegetable milks with other types of ingredients, but today I leave this recipe for how to prepare homemade almond milk.
- 150 g almonds
- 750 cc of water
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla essence, sweetener, etc.
- Dip the almonds with plenty of water in a bowl and let stand for at least 8 hours. From one day to the next it would be ideal.
- Discard the water, rinse the almonds with clean water and place them in a processor or blender, add the water and process until the almonds are completely ground.
- With the help of a sieve, filter bag, filter etc. And with a little patience, strain the preparation to separate the liquid from the almonds. Place in a clean glass bottle and store in the refrigerator (it lasts 3-5 days).
- Shake well before consumption because the water will be separated from the almonds.
If you want a thicker almond milk, reduce the amount of water (you will have less) or increase the amount of almonds to get the same amount but thicker..