To make homemade soy milk is not necessary many ingredients. What differs with the rest of the vegetable milks is that to do it it is necessary to cook it. Additional step that with the other vegetable milks it is not necessary to do it.
One of the most consumed and chosen by people. Despite being at the center of criticism for its doubtful benefits for people’s health.
I leave you the recipe for this homemade soy milk, another alternative in vegetable milks as a substitute for animal foods for daily consumption or make all kinds of vegan recipes.
- 1 cup of soy beans
- 1 liter of water
- Put the soybeans soak for 12 hours or overnight.
- Discard the water and place clean water and leave the soybeans for 2 more hours to soak.
- Discard the water again, wash the beans well and remove excess water.
- In a blender or processor, place the drained soy beans and half the water (1/2 liter), liquefy or process until the beans are fully ground.
- Agregue la mitad del agua restante y licúe nuevamente.
- With the help of a sieve, filter bag, filter etc. And with a little patience, strain the preparation to separate the liquid from the remains of beans.
- In a pot place the filtered soy milk, bring to medium heat until it boils. Then simmer for 20 minutes. Stir the preparation occasionally during cooking.
- Remove from the fire. Once the milk is warm, place it in a clean glass bottle with a lid and store it in the refrigerator.