This homemade vegetable margarine recipe will be very useful if what you like is to eat something made more naturally or if you live in a country where this type of product is difficult to find. And with this recipe you can have it on your table with simple ingredients that you will find in any store. You can also prepare recipes of all kinds or simply to spread the toast at breakfast and snacks. Ideal for vegan recipes, since being a taste very similar to animal butter you will not notice the difference.
Free of preservatives and additives and made with only 3 ingredients, in the comfort of your kitchen, a delicious homemade vegetable margarine.
It is a recipe without difficulty to make it, which has easy access ingredients. Of a flavor very similar to animal butter. You really won’t notice a big difference in its taste. But if in its composition, since you will consume something without preservatives or additives, and it will be much healthier.
This vegetable margarine is made from natural oils. And as much as it is healthier than what is bought in the store, this does not mean that we abuse it, since it is still an oil and a fat. And everything in excess is always bad. So caution and eat with objectivity and measure.
You also have the option of making a flavored vegetable margarine for example, adding some species of your preference such as parsley, garlic powder, oregano, etc. You can also give the characteristic yellow butter color with a little turmeric.
- 1/2 cup or 125 ml of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup or 80 ml sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup or 60 ml of olive oil
- Optional: salt, turmeric.
- In a pot place the coconut oil, olive oil and sunflower oil. Bring to a minimum heat and stir until coconut oil melts almost completely. Remove from the fire. Place the preparation in a bowl, add the pinch of salt, cover with plastic wrap and bring for 2 hours to the refrigerator.
- Beat the preparation to give it volume, creaminess and whitening. Cover and bring to the refrigerator again for a couple of hours.
- After this time, beat again and transfer the preparation to a container with a lid. Take it to the refrigerator for 5-6 hours before consuming.
- To achieve the characteristic yellowish color add a pinch of turmeric.
- You can make it flavored with oregano, parsley, garlic powder, etc.