Another option in vegetable milks, economical and very easy to make. Encourage to prepare this homemade rice milk, free of additives and preservatives. You can make it with any type of rice you have at home, white or whole grain. The result will be practically the same. But remember that always the integral will be even healthier. You can also sweeten or give a personal touch with vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa, etc. Whatever you like, or leave it that way only so you can use both sweet and savory recipes.
An easily digestible milk, few calories and also suitable for coeliacs.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 liter of water
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla essence, sweetener, etc.
- In a blender or processor, place the rice (cold or at room temperature) and half the water (1/2 liter), blend or process until the rice is completely ground.
- Add half of the remaining water and blend again.
- With the help of a sieve, filter bag, filter etc. And with a little patience, strain the preparation to separate the liquid from the rice remains.
- Colóquelo en una botella de vidrio limpia con tapa y guárdelo en el refrigerador.
It lasts about 5 days in the refrigerator. If you want a thicker rice milk, reduce the amount of water (you will have less) or increase the amount of rice to get the same amount but thicker..