What is veganism?
In summary, veganism is the total restriction of products of animal origin, both in the daily diet and in the lifestyle.
Advantages of Veganism:
A well-used and balanced vegan diet with the correct intake of essential nutrients can be beneficial in the prevention of certain diseases.
Among the advantages we can observe the following:
- Diabetes Control.
- It helps to lose and control the weight.
- Help in hormonal balance.
- Reduce el colesterol y los triglicéridos.
- Prevents cancer of the colon, breast, prostate, lung and stomach.
- Prevents the development of brain and cardiovascular diseases.
- Increased mood
- Reduce migraines.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- Improvement in athletic performance.
- Skin improvements
- Take care of the environment.
- Increase longevity.
- It is cheaper.
The incorrect replacement in the amount of the essential nutrients for the proper functioning of our body is the main cause of presenting various complications and risks when choosing this type of misused diets.
Among the disadvantages we can observe the following:
- Incorrect replacement of the necessary amino acids provided by meat.
- B12 vitamins are found exclusively in animal products. It causes iron deficiency which causes anemia if its replacement balance is not found.
- Deficit of calcium from dairy products. Affecting bones and weakening them.
- This type of diet is not recommended for infants and children. It can affect good development and growth.
- Susceptibility of diseases. Prone to get more diseases by having an immune system weakened by the absence of essential nutrients.
- Increase of dental problems.
- Loss of muscle mass due to decreased protein intake in meat.
- Few amounts of tryptophan protein content. Affecting physical and intellectual development. And it increases the appearance of short-term side effects.
Take a walk through our Vegan Recipes …